Thursday, January 7, 2010

Should I have my transmission oil changed after 40,000 miles?

They are trying to charge me $77 for my manual transmission lubricant change. Should I do it myself?Should I have my transmission oil changed after 40,000 miles?
i do not find them that difficult by i do them at work also along with rebuilding them at home so i know what to expect and what to avoid. really that is not a bad price for the service, as long as labor is included. on a manual transmission there is far less to worry about with services. in an automatic, after several miles, like 75000 or more you could run into a problem if you change the fluid out at that point. in a stick not a whole lot can go wrong in that situation.Should I have my transmission oil changed after 40,000 miles?
You can do it yourself. Get a kit that included a new gasket and filter. Be careful and use jackstands it you have to raise the car to get under it.
no, never. it only makes it so you have to then change it every 40,000. if you never change it, you'll never have to change it
It its a manual its easy with drain plug and fill plug, if its an auto its 30 percent harder and you need to change a filter on autos.
I would change ur oil it is recomended every 12 to 15 thousand miles
follow manufactuor recommendation and you wil be safe,but you can do it yourself alot cheaper
diy

No comments:

Post a Comment