Friday, December 18, 2009

How do you check the transmission oil on a '98 Chevy Malibu?

This type car came out with no DIP STICK unlike other cars. Thanks!How do you check the transmission oil on a '98 Chevy Malibu?
theres a check plug on the side of the transaxle. when the trans is full fluid will seep out when you take out the plug. you have to check it when trans is warm.How do you check the transmission oil on a '98 Chevy Malibu?
I guess a lot of the newer cars don't have to be checked,so no dip stick.I bought a new 2004 Grand Am,and it didn't come with one.I also bought a new 2008 Pontiac G6,It doesn't have one.I don't know if just GM vehicles come this way or if it is all the newer models.This really drove me nuts as to where it would be until I asked at the dealer and they told me they didn't have one.
sealed system on a 98,, I guess you checked the owners manuel for filler tube or dip stick? auto parts store may answer this question for you if they don't know some will call a dealer and ask a mechanic that is familiar with that model
Some front wheel drive cars use the engine oil in the transaxle.

No comments:

Post a Comment