Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where is the transmission oil filler on my 99 altima manual?

it has a leak and I need to put some in but can't find where to put it because in my manual it's for a automaticWhere is the transmission oil filler on my 99 altima manual?
Can't say exactly off top of head but the check/fill will be the exact-looking plug as the drain. Locate the drain %26amp; then find the exact plug (prob on front or rear) somewhere near the upper middle area. Without a pit or hoist it may be difficult to do on your own.


PS-On that vehicle it is probably an allen wrench.Where is the transmission oil filler on my 99 altima manual?
I do not know where a transmission oil filler is: but on the dip sttick there should be writing on it that says oil. the other dipstick should have transmission fliud on it.(GET SECOMND OPINION FROM A MECHANIC BEFORE DOING THIS) But if you are trying to lubricate you clutch :pour the fluid in the gas tank. I seen my dad do that to his Nissan Stanza van: it was a four speed.
manuals have a plug on the side, like a rear end
Its usually a plug w a hex outside or a hex inside that will be 3-4 inches up from the bottom of the trans. you can probably only find it from under the car - it may be on the back of the engine/trans assy. you remove the plug and fill to the bottom of the hole with the car level. if it is on the front you may be able to access it from the top. you will either need a funnel and some hose - or a little pump (sold at auto parts stores) that screws on to the oil bottle.
  • myspace text
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment