Friday, December 18, 2009

Has anyone ever changed the transmission oil filter on a 05 Nissan Sentra S 1.8?

I own this car and I tried changing it's automatic transmission oil filter. I was able to drain and remove the pan. I got all the bolts out of the filter, except for one. This one bolt was near the driver's side. I could spin it clockwise or counter-clock wise, but it didn't seem to loosen or tighten. I took it to a jiffy lube, and they too were unable to remove the filter, due to the same bolt. Can anyone tell me, how to remove this bolt?Has anyone ever changed the transmission oil filter on a 05 Nissan Sentra S 1.8?
WOW. that bolt has a 10mm nut and washer on top of the valve body. That nut is just spining. I have to worry about just why you thought you needed to change the filter screen. Many Sentras get by with just regular trans drain and fill. DRIP drip DRIP Good LuckHas anyone ever changed the transmission oil filter on a 05 Nissan Sentra S 1.8?
How bad can it be to go through all that trouble,if your tranny has a problem and it has to be removed then you can take it out,otherwise I would not bother about it,just change the fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment