Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How do I change my transmission oil in a 92Acclaim?

Canadian Tire wants $125 for this job and I have just spent $650 on this car and have no money, so any advise would be appreciated. Thx.How do I change my transmission oil in a 92Acclaim?
its it a manual our auto? if it is a manual, look at the bottom of the tranny and there will be a plug and there will be one on the side of the tranny. Use gear oil to fill it back up. if it a auto, pull the plug on the bottom of the pan, and fill it from the dipstick tube.How do I change my transmission oil in a 92Acclaim?
Should drain plug under car near transmission pan bottom or side empty into drain pan... replace plug! then add needed oil??? should be in owners manual?
SINCE YOU HAVE NO DRAIN PLUG YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE TRANS PAN AND DRAIN IT INTO A FLAT PAN.





THEN REPLACE THE FILTER, CLEAN UP THE MOUNTING SURFACE OF BOTH THE TRANSMISSION AS THE TRAN PAN AND RESEAL IT AND ADD ONLY MOPAR TRANSMISSION FLUID AND NOTHING ELSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment