Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Transmission Oil?

I have a 4L60E Transmission with about 115,000 miles on it. Always used regular tranny oil and so far its held up just fine.





But I have had some mods done to my LT1 engine. NOt HUGE but still quite a bit and I have a Edge 3000RPM Stall Converter. I thought these small converter were ';suppose'; to create less heat but I find the tranny temps nearing 230-250.





So my question is. It has used regular ATF fluid but what if I change it out to Trick Shift or Royal Purple ATF. I have heard that it might cause leaks but ill try anything just to prolong my tranny's life you know?(thought about Tranny Cooler but I want to try the oil first). With all that heat I just want to make sure it has the best protection it can and that it performs the way I want it to.





what do you guys think?





Thanks!Transmission Oil?
ROYAL PURPLE,OR ADD LUCAS TO THE CONVENTIONAL OIL FIRST,BUT YOU DEFINITELY NEED A COOLER,EASY TO INSTALL,WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD...GOTTA GET ONE YESTERDAY!!!!Transmission Oil?
All oils break down at high temp.Also the seals are not made for high temps. You should have a tranny cooler built into your rad. If not you better get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment