Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What transmission oil should I use for my mustang?

I have a 2004 V6 mustang with a manual transmission. Also, how often am I supposed to change it? I think it's about every 30k miles or so. I've also heard gear oil can work well.Thanks.What transmission oil should I use for my mustang?
It would be best to check your owners manual. That might also have the maintenance interval. If you don't have a manual, or it doesn't have the schedule, you can download a PDF version of each here.


https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/o鈥?/a>





Fill level is outlined on page 203, and fluid type is Mercon ATF as specified on page 222. Do not mix Mercon with Mercon V, which is a synthetic. (note 3, page 223) All in Owners Manual





I don't see fluid change for Manual Trans until 120,000 miles. (page 26 of maintenance schedule) It is under much less stress than on an Automatic Trans.What transmission oil should I use for my mustang?
not sure abut what weight of oil you should use but i recommend any thing from royal purple
Royal Purple Max ATF Transmission Fluid

No comments:

Post a Comment