Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What kind of manual transmission oil does a 1988 acura legend need?

It's a 5 speed stick shift. The tany has been leaking and I think it need oil. or a new transmission.What kind of manual transmission oil does a 1988 acura legend need?
%26gt;%26gt; The tany has been leaking and I think it need oil.





You need to fix that


===


Acura (and honda) use ENGINE OIL for manual tranny. Don't ask me why. I know because I own a Honda civic manual shifter.





Gear oil (usually used in Manual tranny) will make the shift really stiff and hard and wear out the syncro-mesh.








Good Luck...What kind of manual transmission oil does a 1988 acura legend need?
F-4 will do for tarnny as well as power steering as it is for high mile or older cars and works great putting mositure back in gaskets and seling leaks. It will take an hour or so of driving to feel any effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment